[strongSwan] Username/password authentication for road warriors

Philippe Strauss philippe at strauss-engineering.ch
Fri Mar 6 17:16:47 CET 2020

I use the following with the OS X client :

        keyexchange=ikev2
        # left - server configuration
        left=%any
        leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0 # all client traffic is redirected through vpn gateway
        leftauth=pubkey
        leftcert=cert.pem
        leftsendcert=always
        leftid=www.strauss-engineering.ch
        # right - client confguration
        right=%any
        rightsourceip=10.9.8.0/24 # pool of IPs which we providing for vpn clients
        rightauth=eap-mschapv2 # authenticate by username and password
        rightsendcert=never
        rightdns=8.8.8.8 # DNS server for clients
        rightid=%any
        eap_identity=%identity

…but I’m a strongswan beginner, maybe someone else may have better answer.

--
Philippe Strauss
https://www.strauss-engineering.ch