[strongSwan] Username/password authentication for road warriors

Alexander Reshetov alexander.v.reshetov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 17:04:06 CET 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to implement password based VPN for multiple users. The idea is
to provide users with server address, remote id, (probably) local id, and
username and password. So server will have list of users auth data. I use
MacOS's default client from System Preferences.

If left side is my server, and right side is clients, what left|rightauth
should I use in this case. It seems that for clients (right side) I need
EAP auth. What auth should be used for server (left side) - there
is no such configuration option in MacOS client?