[strongSwan] Problem: "unable to install policy -the same policy for reqid XXXX exists "

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed Nov 28 11:31:44 CET 2018

Hi Sven,

> So the problem is known?

Not really, but maybe something changed that avoids the issue, and I
don't particularly fancy debugging old versions.

> Which version should I use at least. Will 5.6.3 be enough or
> should I use 5.7.1 instead?

If you consider updating, use the latest.

> There are many request and the log file is very long.

So?

> What kind of message do you expect or what should I search for?

For instance, messages around refcount changes of the policies.  You can
also post it somewhere for us to have a look at.

Regards,
Tobias