[strongSwan] Bug #1772705 : IKEv2 VPN connections fail to use DNS servers provided by the server / follow-up

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue Jul 24 18:10:48 CEST 2018

Hi Vincent,

> We are facing this issue too :
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/strongswan/+bug/1772705

You are not, that bug has been fixed.

> `systemd-resolve --status` show the correct DNS servers in the correct
> order (1st got from the VPN, 2nd from the local DHCP)

There you go, that already contradicts the description of the existing
bug entry.

> But name resolution is still using the local DNS and even with a
> NX_DOMAIN error, there is no switch to the other dns server.

Sounds like an issue with the systemd resolver, so you might want to
report that wherever appropriate.

> Good news is that if I restart the service manually, the resolution is
> good and we can access our hosts inside vpn.

I guess you mean systemd-resolved?

> Must I post a new issue (where please) ?

Perhaps
	https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd

> Is this a normal behaviour regarding my setup (use of strongswan/charon
> packages from cosmic on a bionic box) ?

No idea, if that could be related, but since the DNS server is actually
installed by NM I doubt it).

Regards,
Tobias