[strongSwan] Bug #1772705 : IKEv2 VPN connections fail to use DNS servers provided by the server / follow-up

Vincent Gatignol vincent.gatignol at braincube.com
Tue Jul 24 17:12:48 CEST 2018

Hi there,

We are facing this issue too :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/strongswan/+bug/1772705

I've tested in a fresh VM (Ubuntu 18.04 / bionic) to install the strongswan/charon packages from cosmic (with version 5.6.2-2ubuntu1)

`systemd-resolve --status` show the correct DNS servers in the correct order (1st got from the VPN, 2nd from the local DHCP)

But name resolution is still using the local DNS and even with a NX_DOMAIN error, there is no switch to the other dns server.

Good news is that if I restart the service manually, the resolution is good and we can access our hosts inside vpn.

Must I post a new issue (where please) ?

Is this a normal behaviour regarding my setup (use of strongswan/charon packages from cosmic on a bionic box) ?

Other, please advise ?

Thanks for reading,

Best regards,

Vincent