[strongSwan] Slow script called by leftupdown causes clients to fail connection

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Mon Dec 17 22:33:30 CET 2018

Hi,

I've got a script on the responder that is called upon client
connect/disconnect via leftupdown.
Normally this script exits within 1-2 seconds, but sometimes it takes
much longer.

Strongswan waits for the script to exit before continuing the connection
process, which can cause a connection fail if my script takes too long.

I tried forking the slow functions in my script, but it appears that
strongswan waits for them to exit too :(

Is there any way I can tell strongswan not to wait for forked processes
to exit (only wait for the main process called by leftupdown)?

Or possibly, can you recommend how to create a new process (from the
leftupdown script) that strongswan won't wait for to exit?

Thanks.