[strongSwan] Issues in Strongswan and Google Cloud Communication

Wesley Rabelo de Oliveira wesley.ti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 16:39:30 CEST 2018

Good morning,

First of all, I apologize for my English. I'm using google translator.

I'm eating now with strongswan and I'm encountering a problem I can not
solve. I'm closing a VPN Ipsec strongswan with Google Cloud ... at first
the connection is established on both sides, but I'm encountering problems
in the communication between the connections, I can ping and access
everything when I'm on the side of the google cloud instance, but when I'm
on the strongswan side I can not do anything and when I run cmomando ipsec
statusall I verify that the tunnel is OK.
My question is is there any specific route that I should create? or the
routes when the tunnel is established are created automatically.

Follows my narration for analysis.

Google Cloud
ip public: 35.196.XX.XXX
Network: 192.168.3.0/24

Firewall  Debin (Strongswan)
ip public: 187.32.XX.XXX
Network: 192.168.0.0/24
interface int:  192.168.0.254

#my ipsec.conf

conn myconn
        fragmentation = yes
        keyexchange = ikev1
        reauth = yes
        forceencaps = no
        rekey = yes
        installpolicy = yes
        type = tunnel
        dpdaction=restart
        dpddelay = 10s
        dpdtimeout = 60s
        auto = route
        authby=secret
        left = %any
        right = 35.196.XX.XXX
        leftid = 187.32.XX.XXX
        ikelifetime = 28800s
        lifetime = 3600s
        ike = aes128-sha1-modp1024,3des-sha1-modp1024!
        esp = aes128-sha1-modp1024,3des-sha1-modp1024!
        leftauth = psk
        rightauth = psk
        rightid = 35.196.XX.XXX
        aggressive = no