[strongSwan] Tunnel over [slow] GPRS link

Rene Maurer renemaur at gmail.com
Mon May 1 15:11:06 CEST 2017

Hello Noel

> set net.ipv4.ip_no_pmtu_disc=1

Doesn't help.

> Try to enable IKE fragmentation, if you can, by setting "fragmentation=yes".
> That will enable fragmentation if the remote peer supports it.

Fragmentation isn't supported by the peer AFAIK.

> The problem is that the message gets lost (or not answered by the remote peer).

I have now tried 4 different SIM cards (different providers and/or services).

There is only one provider/service (unfortunately the one I have used more than a
week now) which doesn't work. The rest works, i.e. my tunnels come up without
problems so far!

Summarized I can say the tunnel works with Ethernet and at least with three different
Mobile providers/services. I doesn't work with one provider. I don't have access to
other providers/services right now.

I will try to get information about the subject from this provider (which will be
complicated I suppose).

The outstanding quality of your feedback helps a lot.
Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
René