[strongSwan] swanctl looking for libgcc_s.so.1

Jordan jmcoreymv at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 22:40:47 CET 2017

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same Problem #2 from this prior post (https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2016-October/010123.html) where swanctl will abort looking for libgcc_s.so.1, but I didn't see a resolution in that thread.

I'm running StrongSwan 5.5.1, cross-compiling from an Ubuntu 16.04 i686 machine to a powerpc embedded target running a 4.1 linux kernel.

So far no issues with the StrongSwan ipsec/ike functionality, but I tried using the swanctl/VICI interface and get the following:

# swanctl --version
strongSwan swanctl 5.5.1
libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Aborted

I do not have the libgcc_s.so.1 library available on my embedded target/not sure how to get the cross-complier to generate it.  Any suggestions/things to try?

Thanks,

Jordan