[strongSwan] Table 220 route source address determination

Brian O'Connor vk4gtw at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 26 08:54:25 CET 2017

I have a Linux system running strongSwan and OpenVPN.

I use the strongSwan VPN for providing inter-site connectivity and the OpenVPN VPN
for road-warrior tunnelling through HTTPS from public WiFi library sites using a transparent proxy.

When one of my strongSwan peers connects and the OpenVPN server is activated, the routes
added to table 220 show the OpenVPN tunnel address as their source address.

If the OpenVPN server is not activated, the source address for the rightsubnets in table 220 is as expected.

What determines the source address for the routes added to table 220, please?

TIA,
Brian