[strongSwan] Minimal Windows Configuration with strongSwan

Noel Kuntze noel at familie-kuntze.de
Fri Jul 31 15:55:32 CEST 2015

Hello David,

Then you need to buy a certificate with SAN fields from a public CA, as that
is needed to authenticate the server to the client any scenario. Windows
doesn't support PSK authentication for roadwarrior type connections
in any scenario for a good reason.

Look at the documentation for interoperability for Windows 7 and newer
on the wiki[1]. You probably want option C. Using a certificate
from a public CA should work around the need to import a
CA certificate on the client.

[1] https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind Regards,
Noel Kuntze

GPG Key ID: 0x63EC6658
Fingerprint: 23CA BB60 2146 05E7 7278 6592 3839 298F 63EC 6658