[strongSwan] Minimal Windows Configuration with strongSwan

David McLaughlin david at greenseedtech.com
Fri Jul 31 07:03:20 CEST 2015

I would like to have a strongSwan gateway set up for VPN with Windows 7 or
better clients and have the clients have minimal configuration.

In particular, I *don't* want my users to
1) have to install non-native VPN clients.
2) install certificates onto their machine.

It would also be nice to
1) not do anything in DNS except set A or CNAME records.

So, from the client point of view, they start Windows, enter the gateway
hostname, a username and password, and perhaps a pre-shared key and that is
it.

I've tried many, many things on the strongSwan side---nothing has worked
yet.

Has anyone been successful at this?

Thanks,
David McLaughlin