[strongSwan] confirming code flow for the strongswan android apk.

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:45:52 CET 2014

Dear all,

I wanted to make sure my understanding of strongswan android apk  code flow
is correct and so created this seperate request.

Following is my detailed anlaysis of code flow sequence.
i) Charon Vpn service calls prepare to make sure only one connection exists.
ii) CharonVpnservice.java calls 'initateCharon' to prepare charon daemon at
the native layer
iii) CharonVpnservice.java calls 'initiate' to trigger  IKE connection
establishment with the gateway with the required configuration.
iv) Once IKE tunnel setup and child SA is created i.e in the function
'child_updown' in file android_service.c , We call 'setup_tun_device'. This
function prepares a builder and calls the java side establish, to create
the interface, configure teh IP address for tun, and set the routes to the
tun interface.

Kindly confirm if this sequence of opreations is correct.

RaviKanth