[strongSwan] charon not sending DELETE payload

Gupta, Rohan 1. (NSN - IN/Bangalore) rohan.1.gupta at nsn.com
Wed Apr 2 10:37:00 CEST 2014

Hi,

I tried using this command but the output suggests that Phase 1(IKE_SA) is also getting re-negotiated.

Is it possible to use this command to trigger re-negotiation of phase-2(CHILD_SA) only?

# ipsec down r1~v1
deleting IKE_SA r1~v1[1] between 169.254.0.4[(vr*)169.254.0.4]...169.254.0.6[(vr*)169.254.0.6]
sending DELETE for IKE_SA r1~v1[1]
generating INFORMATIONAL request 0 [ D ]
sending packet: from [500] to [500]
received packet: from [500] to [500]
parsed INFORMATIONAL response 0 [ ]
IKE_SA deleted