[strongSwan] charon not sending DELETE payload

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Apr 2 09:30:18 CEST 2014

Hi Gupta,

if you are using the setkey command which is part of the ipsec-tools
package to flush a CHILD_SA in the kernel then you cannot expect the
strongSwan IKE daemon to take notice of this event. If you want
an IKE DELETE notify message to be generated then you must take down
the SA with the strongSwan command

   sudo ipsec down <connection name>{<requid>}

Best regards

Andreas