[strongSwan] roadwarrior user groups

Paton, Andy andy.paton at hp.com
Thu Jun 27 13:40:25 CEST 2013

Daniel,

We are doing this using Client Certificates.

For example, we have Windows 8, Android and iOS devices, and we have two reasons for assigning different IP pools

	a) For identification of backend traffic
	b) To be able to hive users off to restriced subnets

We use different OU's  in the Client Cert to achive this, for example:

	1) OU = Sales will have access to leftsubnet 172.x.x.x and 162.x.x.x
	2) OU = Dev will only have access to leftsubnet 172.x.x.x

We basically have different connection profiles for each device / OU, and using a wildcard in the DN to allow access:

	e.g. rightid="C=EN, O=My Compnay, OU=DEV, CN*"

If you would like any more help feel free to mail me and I can share what I have learned over the last couple of weeks.

Andy Paton
HP