[strongSwan] Can I use strongswan 2.8 on linux 2.4 kernel and will it work with ios clients

Rv Rv rvrv7575 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 16:24:08 CEST 2013

I have a centos 3 system with linux 2.4 kernel and have the following requiremetns/ constraints

	1. Constraint:  Due to business reasons, I am not allowed to upgrade this linux 2.4 to later releases of linux 2.6 but
	2. Requirement:  am required to support iOS clients. I understand current versions of strongswan only support linux 2.6 kernels.

From http://strongswan.org/docs/install2.htm#chapter_3, it seems that strongswan 2.8 supports linux 2.4 . Here are the questions:
	1. Will strongswan 2.8 work with iOS clients
	2. If so, where can I download strongswan 2.8 from.

Thanks.