[strongSwan] HELP:No even 'filter' table of iptables in UML

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Sep 10 15:57:34 CEST 2012

Hi Ken,

> 'iptables v1.4.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does
> not exist (do you need to insmod?)'
>
> The UML stuffs I used are: config-2.6.39  gentoo-fs-20100830.tar.bz2
> ha-2.6.39.patch.bz2  linux-2.6.39.4.tar.bz2,

The HA patchset changes the Netfilter ABI, yielding to the error above.

If you apply the HA patch to the kernel, you also need a patched
iptables in the guest system, see [1] (but I don't know if it is patched
in the provided Gentoo filesystem). If you don't want to run any HA test
cases, you can also try to revert the HA kernel patches.

[1]http://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/HighAvailability#Kernel-Implementation