[strongSwan] HELP:No even 'filter' table of iptables in UML

Ken Huang csuhgw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 05:00:21 CEST 2012

Hi all,

These days I have spent lots time to try to run the official
strongswan UML test cases,
but with no luck and being through a tough time.

It was very closed to run my first test case, ikev1/net2net-psk,
successfully except that
there was something wrong with iptables modules. It complains
'iptables v1.4.8: can't initialize iptables table `filter': Table does
not exist (do you need to insmod?)'
when I run '/etc/init.d/iptables start' or even 'iptables -nvL'.

The UML stuffs I used are: config-2.6.39  gentoo-fs-20100830.tar.bz2
ha-2.6.39.patch.bz2  linux-2.6.39.4.tar.bz2,
and strongswan is version 5.0.0.

I've google'd for a while, but find no answer. Actually I know little
about kernel.
Do you ever run into this situation?  Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry to resend this post after subscribing this list, but I want this post
to be seen as soon as possible cause I really need your help.

Thanks
Ken