[strongSwan] ipsec / stroke exit code

richter at ecos.de richter at ecos.de
Mon Sep 10 15:56:45 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

> strongSwan has a very flexible plugin interface, though.

Yes, that's right and a real step forward compared to pluto

>It allows you to hook
> in a much better IPC mechanism to your application/scripts, specifically for
> your needs.

I simply want to start a connection, stop a connection and get errors or success back. I don't see an already existing plugin that I can use to do this job, without writing my own plugin. Do I miss something or means " hook in a much better IPC mechanism " that I have to write my own plugin?

Is there already any IPC plugin (HTTP REST or DBus or whatever)?

Gerald