[strongSwan] ipsec / stroke exit code

Martin Willi martin at strongswan.org
Mon Sep 10 16:07:18 CEST 2012

> means " hook in a much better IPC mechanism " that I have to write my
> own plugin?

Yes.

> Is there already any IPC plugin (HTTP REST or DBus or whatever)?

The NM plugin uses DBUS in the background, but it is not really
reusable. We have an XML based management interface called SMP
(implemented in the smp plugin), but it is currently not more than a
prototype and hasn't got a lot of attention the last years.

Implementing a full blown generic IPC mechanism is a rather large task,
and having a specific interface for the various needs (NM, Android,
console, etc.) has worked much better so far.