[strongSwan] Kernel patch for HA plugin

Wolfgang VELASQUEZ wolfgangvelasquez at gmail.com
Tue May 22 15:33:19 CEST 2012

Hi

I have a question regarding the patches that should be applied to the kernel for
the HA plugin to work...

Problem:I apply the first "patch" and one out of the 4 files to be patched gives
an error. I'm running on a 2.6.32 kernel (UBUNTU 10.04) and the patch is
allegedly written for it (I took it from the git repository). Do you have an
idea of how can I solve it?

Perhaps I might be skipping some step?:

1.- Fresh Ubuntu installation
2.- Then in a terminal: sudo apt-get update
3.- sudo apt-get install patch
4.- Logged as root, I go to /usr/src/linux-2.6.32-38-generic
5.- patch -p1 < /home/mahler/Downloads/2-6-32-netfilter.patch

6.- I get the following:

root at mahler:/usr/src/linux-
headers-2.6.32-38-generic# patch -p1 <
/home/mahler/Downloads/2-6-32-netfilter.patch
patching file include/linux/netfilter.h
patching file include/linux/netfilter_ipv4.h
patching file include/linux/netfilter_ipv6.h
patching file net/xfrm/xfrm_input.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 9.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 102.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 186.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/xfrm/xfrm_input.c.rej
patching file net/xfrm/xfrm_output.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 37.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 84.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/xfrm/xfrm_output.c.rej

P.D: I've tried with different kernel versions, different distributions but
still doesn't work

    "There are no big problems, there are just a lot of little problems."
    Ford, Henry