[strongSwan] FW: Disabling peer ID check in IKEv1

Vinay Prabhakar M vinay.prabhakar.ext at nsn.com
Tue May 22 10:32:53 CEST 2012

Hi  all ,

I am trying to achieve a simple fix for a issue I am facing mentioned in
https://lists.strongswan.org/pipermail/users/2012-April/007504.html

Its my understanding that in IKEv1 the peer ID is checked but in my scenario
there is no way of knowing the peer's ID and hence the issue is seen here.
Therefore I am trying to get a workaround such that peer ID check can be
skipped.

Is this a possible solution?

I have a patch, attached document contains the difference of the change I
have tried, but still receiving a INVALID_ID_INFORMATION error message.

 Any help with this workaround  is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Vinay