[strongSwan] Query regarding dpdaction

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Thu Feb 2 16:18:08 CET 2012

In remote access scenarios it makes sense to set

  dpdaction=clear

on the VPN gateway and

  dpdaction=restart

on the remote access VPN client, so that the connection
gets re-established if the client is still on-line
but gets cleared if the client just shuts down without
sending a delete notification.

Regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org