[strongSwan] question regarding PRF creation in EAP-AKA

Ravi Kanth Vanapalli vvnrk.vanapalli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 02:30:46 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I wish to create a PRF for EAP-AKA.

For one my implementation, I wanted to use functions for eap i.e f1,f2..,
f5 in the eap_aka_3gpp2_functions.c file.
In function f5x(), there was a function call to step3 and step4 functions.
Inside the step3 function implementation there was a call to  set_key,
get_bytes which are called with respect to prf.
My question is, can we to directly create a PRF for EAP-AKA i.e
sha1_prf_create, without including it as a plugin to strongswan ?
I really appreciate any help with regard to this.

RaviKanth VN Vanapalli