[strongSwan] Debian Package Re: ANNOUNCE: strongswan-4.3.6 released

Tue Feb 23 19:37:41 CET 2010

strongSwan 4.3.6 is the latest version but Debian and Ubuntu still ship
4.3.2 which is about 8 months old. I believe that a lot of users would
benefit from a more up-to-date Debian package. I know you can always do
a "make && make install" but Debian users usually prefer taking
advantage of Debian's excellent package management system. This is even
more important for Ubuntu users who are using Ubuntu as a replacement
for windows and are not so familiar with Linux system administration.

Is there somebody out there who knows Rene Mayrhofer, the package
maintainer, well? Maybe one could ask him very nicely if he could
possibly update the package.

-Daniel