[strongSwan] Certificates in cacerts directory

Andreas Steffen andreas.steffen at strongswan.org
Wed Feb 24 14:26:44 CET 2010

Hello Mugur,

ca sections are mainly used to add additional CRL and OCSP URIs.
In the ikev2/multi-level-ca-cr-init scenario the intermediate CA
certificates do not contain any CDPs,  so the CDP must be
added via a ca section statement for the root CA.

Of course a ca section could also be used to just add
CA certificates which are not located in the default
/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/ directory but this is not the
main intent.

Best regards

Andreas

Andreas Steffen                         andreas.steffen at strongswan.org