[strongSwan-dev] ANNOUNCE: strongswan-4.4.0rc1

Jan Willem Beusink jan.willem.beusink at ti-wmc.nl
Wed May 19 09:40:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

and thanks for your replies.

Tobias Brunner wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The main error is: "charon: 14[NET] no socket implementation registered,
>> receiving failed"
>> where I presume 14 is the identifier of the working thread, I've seen
>> other numbers as well.
>
> You probably defined charon.load in strongswan.conf and missed to add one of the
> socket plugins (the default is socket-default).
Yep that was it.

I took the conf file from a test scenario. I deduct that this option is
new as of 4.4.0 due to the new socket implementation.

I would like to add some own configuration options to strongswan to be
used by my modifications. Do I only need to modify
starter/keywords.[c|h|txt] or do I also need to change the starter code
itself?

Do I also need to change 'static const short lookup[]' and  'static
const unsigned char asso_values[]' in keywords.c? I get the impression
this is generated somehow and thats why the keywords.txt file exists.

>> This error is repeated quite often (from syslog):
>
> This is due to the receiver thread trying to read messages from the socket.
> Since there is no socket plugin registered this fails but the thread tries over
> and over again (we should probably handle that error more gracefully, but it is
> not very common).
Thought as much :)

>> user at host:/usr/local/lib$ ipsec start
>> /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/starter: error while loading shared libraries:
>> libstrongswan.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>> directory
>
> Try calling ldconfig.
Cannot recreate error now, probably solved during a fresh compile.

>> On a side note, 4.4.0 is missing as version option on the wiki
>
> This version number is more of an estimate when an issue/feature will be
> fixed/implemented and not in which version it occurs.  We should probably close
> all previous versions as someone has apparently done now with 4.4.0.
Any 'netiquette' for creating new tickets and assigning them to a
version then?

> Regards,
> Tobias

Regards,