[strongSwan-dev] ANNOUNCE: strongswan-4.4.0rc1

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Tue May 11 17:34:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

> The main error is: "charon: 14[NET] no socket implementation registered,
> receiving failed"
> where I presume 14 is the identifier of the working thread, I've seen
> other numbers as well.

You probably defined charon.load in strongswan.conf and missed to add one of the
socket plugins (the default is socket-default).

> This error is repeated quite often (from syslog):

This is due to the receiver thread trying to read messages from the socket.
Since there is no socket plugin registered this fails but the thread tries over
and over again (we should probably handle that error more gracefully, but it is
not very common).

> user at host:/usr/local/lib$ ipsec start
> /usr/local/libexec/ipsec/starter: error while loading shared libraries:
> libstrongswan.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Try calling ldconfig.

> On a side note, 4.4.0 is missing as version option on the wiki

This version number is more of an estimate when an issue/feature will be
fixed/implemented and not in which version it occurs.  We should probably close
all previous versions as someone has apparently done now with 4.4.0.

Regards,
Tobias

Tobias Brunner                                   tobias at strongswan.org
strongSwan - The Linux VPN Solution!         http://www.strongswan.org