[strongSwan-dev] new notify message

Jan Willem Beusink jan.willem.beusink at ti-wmc.nl
Thu Apr 8 15:10:42 CEST 2010

Hi All,

Part of my efforts to use StrongSwan in combination with an
Authorization engine requires me to send a message to notify the other
when authorization fails.

Therefore I would like to add a (private) message. I came up with adding
ME_AUTHORIZATION_FAILED = 8193, in the
src/charon/encoding/payloads/notify_payload.h file, however I have some
difficulty understanding the notify_payload.c file. More specifically I
can't make any sense of the enumerations...

Do I need to modify notify_payload.C when I want to add a notify type or
 will adding the above line in notify_payload.H suffice?

Thanks in advance!

yours sincerely,

Jan Willem Beusink