[strongSwan-dev] Correct place to destroy peer_cfg in plugin?

Ian Hailey ihailey at 88project.com
Fri Apr 9 16:58:08 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your advice, as you suggest I have added a call to peer_cfg->destroy straight after ike_sa->set_peer_cfg where the peer_cfg reference is incremented.

I find that during the release of the peer_cfg there is access to the already freed child_cfg memory (I see this using Valgrind and DUMA).

This is resolved by incrementing the child_cfg reference count during the building of the connection:

	this->peer_cfg->add_child_cfg(this->peer_cfg, child_cfg);
+	child_cfg->get_ref(child_cfg);

Now I do not see any memory errors, but it would be interesting (at least) to know why this is necessary.

Regards,

Ian.