[strongSwan] ipsec failover systemd service

Luke Davis luked at positive-internet.com
Thu Jun 30 18:00:07 CEST 2022

Hi,

I've got two firewalls in failover but whenever the strongswan service
moves between firewalls it doesn't automatically startup the tunnels.

Is there a recommended way to do this/how have others implemented
failover? either by custom script detecting a failure for auto recovery
or some config option I've missed in strongswan or the systemd service.

For failover, I'm using corosync and pacemaker.

Thanks
Luke

--
All postal correspondence to:
The Positive Internet Company, 24 Ganton Street, London. W1F 7QY

*Follow us on Twitter* @posipeople

The Positive Internet Company Limited is registered in England and Wales.
Registered company number: 3673639. VAT no: 726 7072 28.
Registered office: Northside House, Mount Pleasant, Barnet, Herts, EN4 9EE.