[strongSwan] private key not found

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Wed Oct 28 14:06:07 CET 2020

Hello Christoph,

Yes, use pubkeys = <filename>. The man page for swanctl.conf expands on this:

>       connections.<conn>.local<suffix>.pubkeys []
>              Comma separated list of raw public key candidates to use for au‐
>              thentication. The public keys may use a relative path  from  the
>              swanctl pubkey directory or an absolute path.
>
>              Even though multiple local public keys could be defined in prin‐
>              ciple, only the first public key in the list is used for authen‐
>              tication.

>> The documentation isn't totally clear about it and tells me the pubkeys configuration is for raw keys (does it mean file names of pem/der encoded keys?).

Raw public keys are just simple public keys, e.g. certificates aren't raw public keys (because they are a public key, metadata and the signature over it generated by signing it with a private key).
So the file would contain a public key, encoded in DER or PEM format.

Kind regards

Noel