[strongSwan] EAP-PEAP Ubuntu 20.04

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Fri May 15 11:07:54 CEST 2020

Hi,

> I cant connect from Ubuntu 20.04 using network-manager-strongswan, there
> is no more support for eap-peap(I cant see configuration file at
> /etc/strongswan.d/charon/). I have libcharon-extra-plugins installed.
> On Ubuntu 18.04 everything works fine.

Yes, looks like the eap-peap plugin is not contained in that package
anymore (along with a bunch of others e.g. eap-dynamic, which can be
useful on servers, or the TNC and eap-sim/aka plugins, but I guess those
are not used often).  That's apparently because Ubuntu now uses the
Debian packages and not their own (Debian never shipped these plugins).
 You'll have to discuss this with the maintainers of the Debian/Ubuntu
packages (see [1] and/or [2]).

Regards,
Tobias

[1] https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/strongswan