[strongSwan] StrongSwan 5.8.2 - received netlink error: Invalid argument (22)

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:34:04 CEST 2020

Hi Tobias,

We have two types of servers. Same users are doing ok on servers with
StrongSwan 5.7.2 on kernel  5.3.0-53-generic.

But on the servers with StrongSwan 5.8.2 with kernel* 5.4.0-39-generic, *the
issue arises. (Not for all users, but quite a few)

increase the log level for knl to 2 to see which operation failed

May you please elaborate a bit more how to change the log level for knl? In
which config do I do that?

Many Thanks,
Houman