[strongSwan] StrongSwan 5.8.2 - received netlink error: Invalid argument (22)

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Mon Jul 6 10:20:15 CEST 2020

Hi,

> I'm seeing a strange error in StrongSwan U5.8.2/K5.4.0-39-generic
> (Ubuntu 20.04).
> I don't get this error with StrongSwan U5.7.2/K5.3.0-53-generic (Ubuntu
> 19.10).

In the same situation (i.e. if a client's IP address changes)?  Or just
in general?  Can you replicate this error?

> received netlink error: Invalid argument (22)

As the error indicates, this is returned by the kernel if it doesn't
like the provided data.  Either when querying the existing SA or when
replacing it with updated IP addresses (increase the log level for knl
to 2 to see which operation failed).  Also, what kernel version are you
using?

Regards,
Tobias