[strongSwan] ipsec connection to aws vpc is up, ping works, but udp and tcp packets seem to get lost.

Dominik Reusser dr896543 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 09:20:20 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I put a question with details about a problem with a faulty connection to
aws vpc on serverfault. The ipsec tunnel is up. Ping is working. UDP
packets are encrypted and are sent out in the direction of the
ipsec-responder according to tcpdump. So all seems to be working. However,
according to the monitoring at aws vpc, nothing arrives. I would be
thankful for hints on how to further narrow down the problem:

https://serverfault.com/questions/1029253/udp-packets-seem-to-get-lost-in-ipsec-tunnel-to-aws-cloud

Greetings

Dominik