[strongSwan] building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders

Yogesh Purohit yogeshpurohit2 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 06:55:23 CEST 2019

Hi All,

I tried verifying the same ecdsa certificate and ca cert on both strongswan
versions:
On strongswan 5.5.2 version:

[root at mac-6 ~]# pki --verify --in /etc/ipsec.d/certs/certificate-1.pem --ca
/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/certificate-2.pem
  using certificate "C=IN, ST=M, L=M, O=Yam, OU=Ya, CN=prime1"
  using trusted ca certificate "C=IN, ST=M, L=P, O=Yam, OU=Ya, CN=primeCA"
  reached self-signed root ca with a path length of 0
certificate trusted, lifetimes valid

Whereas when i tried verifying the same set on strongswan version 5.6.3:

[root at mac-7 ~]# pki --verify --in /etc/ipsec.d/certs/certificate-1.pem --ca
/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/certificate-2.pem
building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders
parsing CA certificate from '/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/certificate-2.pem' failed
building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders
parsing certificate failed

Please let me know if there are any changes in two version for ECDSA
certificates, because same RSA certificate are working on both versions for
me ?

--
Best Regards,

Yogesh Purohit