[strongSwan] building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders

Yogesh Purohit yogeshpurohit2 at gmail.com
Thu May 9 12:47:41 CEST 2019

Hi,

I was using strongswan 5.5.2 version where I was using ECDSA certificates.
Recently i have moved to strongswan version 5.6.3.
But with this new version I am facing issue in loading my certificates and
keys. Strongswan fails to load certificates.
I noticed this new line in it 'building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed,
tried 3 builders'

charon: 00[DMN] Starting IKE charon daemon (strongSwan 5.6.3, Linux
4.4.0-116-generic, x86_64)
charon: 00[CFG] loading ca certificates from '/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts'
charon: 00[LIB] building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders
charon: 00[CFG]   loading ca certificate from
'/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/ca_dummy.pem' failed
charon: 00[LIB] building CRED_CERTIFICATE - X509 failed, tried 3 builders
charon: 00[CFG]   loading ca certificate from
'/etc/ipsec.d/cacerts/ca_ecdsa.pem' failed

Is there any new plugin which is needed for it because same certificate I
was able to use it with previous version ?

--
Best Regards,

Yogesh Purohit