[strongSwan] tunnel up, traffic stops flowing

Doug Tucker doug.tucker at Newscycle.com
Thu Mar 7 17:21:25 CET 2019

More info.  I can duplicate this issue on every instance I have that I yum update to all the latest packages on centos 7.x.  They all exhibit this same behaviour.  I am running strongswan 5.7.1 and centos:

[root at ip-100-97-48-212 ~]# cat /etc/*-release
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)
CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

Hosts on centos 7.4.x do not exhibit this issue.

Doug Tucker

Sr. Network Administrator

o: 817.975.5832  |  m: 817.975.5832

e: doug.tucker at newscycle.com

[Newscycle Solutions]<http://www.newscycle.com/>

Breakthrough technologies for media

Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/newscycle_news>  |  Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/NEWSCYCLESolutions>  |  Linkedin<https://www.linkedin.com/company/newscycle-solutions>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.