[strongSwan] [EDIT] Traffic selection problems

Eduardo Mirahyes em at ebear.co
Mon Mar 4 09:29:53 CET 2019

ỪNSUBSCRIBE PLEASE

On 3/3/2019 at 6:15 AM, "Felipe Arturo Polanco"  wrote:You are right
in that, the virtual IPs sent to the initiators are available in
initiator.
If your setup is point to point and not roadwarrior, you can use a
range from .254-.254 and try it out, .253 will be fixed in responder.
I can't confirm if this works as I haven't tried it.
If you want to use a point to multipoint using multiples /30 links,
please don't do this, that is a lot of headache to manage.
Put a big /16 network and put that in the range of the responder, use
a roadwarrior configuration and make this an NBMA network.
OSPF should work fine with this setup and you free yourself from
managing virtual /30 networks that its only purpose is to satisfy a
next-hop requirement of a dynamic protocol.
I did this exact same setup but using BGP since it uses TCP unicast
and cloud firewalls play nice with that, OSPF is layer 4 so it may
bring trouble if you move to the cloud.