[strongSwan] Strongswan 5.7.2 test suite with 6 tests failed

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Wed Jan 30 12:28:50 CET 2019

Hi Peter,

> Running the strongswan 5.7.2 testsuite, all tests passed except for the
> following:
>   412 tnccs-20-ev-pt-tls  failed
>   419 tnccs-20-os         failed
>   420 tnccs-20-os-pts     failed
>   421 tnccs-20-pdp-eap    failed
>   422 tnccs-20-pdp-pt-tls failed
>   424 tnccs-20-pts-no-ecc failed
>
> Is there a known issue, or perhaps I did not set it up correctly?

This can happen occasionally when the testing environment is built from
scratch (i.e. including the base image) and a new Debian version was
released since we did this ourselves and updated the IMV database script
in the process (src/libimcv/imv/data.sql).  Each Debian release has to
be associated with the "Debian x86_64" group in the strongTNC database
so the correct enforcements/policies are applied for the clients.

I pushed a fix for this to master (you need to build a new tarball and
rebuild root and guest images, or use the build-strongswan script).

Regards,
Tobias