[strongSwan] Host to host with certs - where to put own private key?

Kostya Vasilyev kman at fastmail.com
Wed Feb 13 16:43:45 CET 2019

Tobias,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019, at 4:31 PM, Tobias Brunner wrote:
> > Removing "strongswan" package seems like a bad idea.
>
> Nah, that's fine.  It's just a meta package that pulls in those other
> two legacy packages and installs some files in /usr/share/doc (README,
> NEWS, etc.) that you don't really need.

Yep, removed and still running just fine.

I also want to mention that strongSwan has been most stable for me in terms of keeping a connection alive.

Before strongSwan I used two other servers and the connection would get "stuck" maybe once a day or so, and need to be re-established manually from the client.

Now it's rock solid. My client side is a home Mikrotik router.

MfG,
-- K