[strongSwan] How to improve connection loss when moving from 4G to Wifi?

Houman houmie at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 16:04:24 CET 2019

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your reply.

I am programming the IKEv2 VPN client on iOS myself with the following
settings:

        ikev2.authenticationMethod = NEVPNIKEAuthenticationMethod.none

        ikev2.deadPeerDetectionRate = NEVPNIKEv2DeadPeerDetectionRate.medium

        ikev2.ikeSecurityAssociationParameters.encryptionAlgorithm = .
algorithmAES256

        ikev2.ikeSecurityAssociationParameters.integrityAlgorithm = .SHA256

        ikev2.ikeSecurityAssociationParameters.diffieHellmanGroup = .group14

        ikev2.ikeSecurityAssociationParameters.lifetimeMinutes = 1440

        ikev2.childSecurityAssociationParameters.encryptionAlgorithm = .
algorithmAES256

        ikev2.childSecurityAssociationParameters.integrityAlgorithm = .
SHA256

        ikev2.childSecurityAssociationParameters.diffieHellmanGroup = .
group14

        ikev2.childSecurityAssociationParameters.lifetimeMinutes = 1440

I have searched into MOBIKE and apparently, Apple's NEVPNManager is
supporting MOBIKE. Although it's unclear to me if I have to configure it
separately, or is it functioning out of the box. So far I haven't found
anything in the documentation.

Kind Regards,
Houman