[strongSwan] Windos 10 cant obtain ip-address

Tobias Brunner tobias at strongswan.org
Thu Aug 15 15:15:09 CEST 2019

Hi Peter,

According to the log the client uses two CREATE_CHILD_SA exchanges to
create duplicate CHILD_SAs for no apparent reason (they aren't
rekeyings, REKEY_SA notifies are missing, just duplicates).  This
happens immediately after the initial SAs got created.  At 20:00:52 the
original CHILD_SA (unique ID 88) is deleted and another one is created
(I guess that still leaves three duplicate CHILD_SAs).  This might cause
problems depending on which CHILD_SAs are used by the client/server.

Why it would do that, no idea.  It's definitely irregular behavior.
I've no experience with Windows 10, but it might help posting the exact
version number of the release you are using.
Regards,
Tobias