[strongSwan] Can anyone explain VPN oddity

Jafar Al-Gharaibeh jafar at atcorp.com
Sat May 12 01:26:15 CEST 2018

Jody,
     It is really hard to guess what the problem is without
information/logs.
    In most situations where I had this issue (OK on WiFi but not OK on
cell) it turned out to be MTU related.
     I am almost certain that the problem you are seeing is caused by
broken PMTU.
    See the references below for some insight and possible solutions.

Regards,
Jafar

[1]
https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/ForwardingAndSplitTunneling#MTUMSS-issues