[strongSwan] DHCP!

Tom Rymes trymes at rymes.com
Fri May 4 14:15:33 CEST 2018

On 05/04/2018 3:45 AM, Christian Salway wrote:
> Thanks to Dirk Hartmann and his scripting idea,  The simplest way to add
> a VPN connection to Windows 10 that includes the routing to the internal
> IP, is by running the following commands in PowerShell commands.  This
> also enables strong ciphers (MODP2048)
>
> /This is for a username/password VPN available to all users (remove
> -*AllUserConnection* from the /*Add-VpnConnection*/ command for just the
> current user)/

Apple configuration profiles and Windows scripting are definitely magic
when done right.

The gold standard in my experience is Algo
(https://blog.trailofbits.com/2016/12/12/meet-algo-the-vpn-that-works/),
which is built on top of StrongSwan:

- Airdrop a file to an iOS device and you're configured.
- Double-click a file on a mac, and you're configured.
- Run a powershell script on Windows and you're configured.

It's pretty darned cool, to be honest.