[strongSwan] EAP lowest common denominator

Noel Kuntze noel.kuntze+strongswan-users-ml at thermi.consulting
Sat Mar 3 16:50:33 CET 2018

Hello Volodymyr,

Yes, but the following thought is not.
Windows, for example, requires pubkey auth by the responder, but then only authenticates itself (initiator) against the responder using eap-tls.
So in eap-tls with Windows, the responder doesn't authenticate itself against the initiator in eap-tls, but in pubkey auth beforehand.
Nonetheless, you need certificates either way.

What is your problem with certificates? Are you trying to build the 10.000th VPN service?

Kind regards

Noel