[strongSwan] plugins load warnings

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmx.com
Fri Mar 2 14:51:44 CET 2018

Hi colleagues,

I'm installing and configuring Strongswan inside VM (KVM on Intel Xeon
CPU D-1521) with Ubuntu 17.10.

With all plugins enabled, when I start strongswan service, I see the
following messages in the log:

1) The first question is how this impact performace, whether it need to
be loaded and how? -
Mar  2 15:32:44 vpn strongswan: 00[LIB] feature CUSTOM:kernel-ipsec in
plugin 'kernel-netlink' failed to load

2) plugin "pem" has unmet dependencies - not sure it's important, just
ask in case - should it be?

Mar  2 15:32:44 vpn strongswan: 00[LIB] feature PUBKEY:DSA in plugin
'pem' has unmet dependency: PUBKEY:DSA
Mar  2 15:32:44 vpn strongswan: 00[LIB] feature PRIVKEY:DSA in plugin
'pem' has unmet dependency: PRIVKEY:DSA
Mar  2 15:32:44 vpn strongswan: 00[LIB] feature CERT_DECODE:OCSP_REQUEST
in plugin 'pem' has unmet dependency: CERT_DECODE:OCSP_REQUEST

Loaded modules list -

Mar  2 15:32:44 vpn strongswan: 00[LIB] loaded plugins: charon
test-vectors unbound ldap pkcs11 aesni aes rc2 sha2 sha1 md4 md5 mgf1
rdrand random nonce x509 revocation constraints acert pubkey pkcs1 pkcs7
pkcs8 pkcs12 pgp dnskey sshkey dnscert ipseckey pem openssl gcrypt
af-alg fips-prf gmp agent chapoly xcbc cmac hmac ctr ccm gcm ntru bliss
curl soup mysql sqlite attr kernel-libipsec kernel-netlink resolve
socket-default connmark farp stroke vici updown eap-identity eap-sim
eap-sim-pcsc eap-aka eap-aka-3gpp2 eap-simaka-pseudonym
eap-simaka-reauth eap-md5 eap-gtc eap-mschapv2 eap-dynamic eap-radius
eap-tls eap-ttls eap-peap eap-tnc xauth-generic xauth-eap xauth-pam
xauth-noauth tnc-tnccs tnccs-20 tnccs-11 tnccs-dynamic dhcp whitelist
lookip error-notify certexpire led radattr addrblock unity

Thank you.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison