[strongSwan] Setting routes via dhcp option for win10 clients

Kamil Jońca kjonca at o2.pl
Fri Jan 12 15:32:09 CET 2018

Roger Skjetlein <rskjetlein-/YFvFtjQibQ8zMDHe07bWQ at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Hi,
>
> noticed in the documentation that it is possible to set routes on the win10 clients via dhcp options. This seems like a awesome feature and we could avoid pushing static configs to the users.
>
> https://wiki.strongswan.org/projects/strongswan/wiki/Windows7#Split-routing-on-Windows-10-and-Windows-10-Mobile

Firstly: how do I understand.
When windows set up its interface (any interface) it can use DHCP.
An windows doing this by send DHCP-Request or DHCP-Inform messages. And
it works this way when I configure physical interfaces.
(end "how do I understand")
But I cannot force windows to send DHCP-Inform messages over ipsec
interface. (I cannot se any queries, when debug DHCPserver)
I googling a lot, but without success..
KJ

--
http://wolnelektury.pl/wesprzyj/teraz/